- ABOUT us
Consolidated Biscuit Co. Ltd., set up in 1982, is strategically based in the heart of the Mediterranean, on the island of Malta. We produce top quality biscuits, baked confectionery and snack foods which are widely marketed and distributed in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Americas under different brand names.The 'Devon' brand consists of a wide assortment of traditional biscuits ranging from chocolate coated, cookies, cream filled, plain and savoury crackers to semi-sweet biscuits. We also produce a variety of corn extruded and potato based snack foods under the 'Sunshine Snacks' brand.The Company is BRC certified coupled with a certified Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) System which is internationally recognized as being one of the most effective safety control systems in the food industry.
- MISSION STATEMENT
- By putting our customers and their needs first, our mission is to always be leaders in the biscuit and snack food market in Malta and together with carefully selected distributors, we shall compete on the global market trying to satisfy specific consumer requirements. In so doing we take pride in our work and never under no circumstances shall we compromise quality in the products that we produce. We shall strive to achieve our mission through the following corporate objectives:a) To anticipate our customers' requirements in different markets and to manufacture suitablehigh quality products to suit their needs.
b) To maintain our leading position on the local market in the biscuit and snack food industry.
c) To achieve excellence in hygiene by adopting a 'clean as you go' attitude and in so doing,we shall work as a team to create a clean and safe working environment.
d) To identify each employees's talent, develop it and use it as best as we can in our continuousefforts to improve the job security at all levels of all the employees of the company.
e) To ensure a just and fair return on investment for our shareholders.
- Food safety & QUALITY POLICY
- Consolidated Biscuit Co. Ltd. commits itself to achieve the objectives set out in the Mission Statement by:
• Ensuring that the statutory requirements and legislation governing food and safety will bethe minimum standards adopted by the Company.• Focusing on customer needs and anticipating their requirements.
• Maintaining and continuously improving the quality of our products and operations.
• Ensuring that all employees are trained and aware of their responsibilities in meeting theCompany Food Safety & Quality Policy.• Regularly reviewing, and amending when necessary, the Food Safety & Quality Policy and ensuring all employees are notified of any changes.
This is further supported by operating a quality management system based on BRC - Global Standard for Food Safety.
- health & safety policy
- Consolidated Biscuit Co. Ltd. undertakes to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all employees, subcontractors and visitors on its premises and commits itself to achieving this objective by:
a) Setting targets for continual improvement.
b) Identifying risks and taking necessary action to eliminate or control these risks.
c) Complying with all legal requirements relevant to health and safety.
d) Promoting best practice in all aspects of health and safety at work.
e) Providing the necessary financial, training and advisory resources.
f) Promoting employee participating in action groups.
- Distributor of snack foods, chocolate confectionery, biscuits and breakfast cereals in the Caribbean.The Company has been in existence since 1974 and over the years has built up an extensive portfolio of brands including a range of about two hundred and sixteen (216) SKU's. ABIL's operations are divided along four divisions, Charles Candy, Sunshine Snacks, Consolidated Biscuit and Universal Foods.The Company's manufacturing facilities are all located in Trinidad with distribution outlets in Jamaica, Barbados and St. Lucia. In total, the Company currently distributes its products to over 20 countries worldwide. ABIL has been expanding progressively over the years, constantly adding new products to its lines.
- ABOUT Malta
- The Maltese archipelago consists of three inhabited islands, Malta, Gozo and Comino. They lie in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea with Malta 93 km South of Sicily and 230 km north of Africa. The total area of the Islands is 316 square km. And the longest distance on the island of Malta is 27 km.Malta is blessed with one of the most agreeable climates in the Mediterranean. The weather is warm even in winter. Between April and September there is virtually non-stop sunshine. The hottest period is mid-July to the end of September, but the nights are tempered by cool breezes from the surrounding sea. The average summer temperature (May-October) is 23C whilst that of winter (November-April) averages 11C.The official languages are Maltese and English. Almost all the Maltese speak English. Maltese is a Semitic language written in the Roman script comprising a vast element of words of Italian, French and English origin. Italian is also widely spoken.